Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Whole Lot of Hankies

One of my favorite things to crochet is hankie edges. They don't take very long and I get to try out some of the many hundreds of edge patterns I've collected over the years. Best of all the finished product makes a really good gift.

These are some of the edgings I've done over the years:

Alice Brooks Design 7283

You'll have to excuse the names. Sometimes if there are only a few edgings the each have a descriptive name, but mostly they just come with a number. Still the design is nice. I like the way it makes four pointed stars. Plus it is really quick to make.

Edging No. 2 Paragon 126 Learn to Crochet

This edging looks good, but it is really annoying to make. You have to get exactly the right number of loops to get the pattern to turn out right. (An odd number on each side for those of you stubborn enough to try.) This particular hankie took 2 years to make. Every time I messed it up it went back into the work basket for about 6 months.

Hankie Edging Crochet Fashion

Another common name for a hankie edging. This one is also good to make. I've made it a few times as is, and adapted it once for my brother's wedding.

Mystery Edging No. 1

This edging I copied from the internet, and I'm not sure which site I got it from. That's what happens when you're sneaking a look at the internet during work time. I think I've lost the pattern too. Which is a pity because I really like the way this one turned out.

Mystery Edging No. 2

This pattern is somewhere in my collection, I'm just not sure where. It was also one of the first hankies I crocheted. From memory it was fairly easy, but that was a long time ago.

Edging No. 2 Australian Home Journal

This one came out a little tight for my likeing. Still it is a simple edge to work and it looks okay from a distance.

Shell Hankie Edging Crochet to Treasure

Another nice flowery edging. Again it's really easy to work.

Shamrock Edging New Idea Book #1

All these shamrocks take a while to work. But then once their done, that's it the hankie is finished. I'm hoping that this hankie will be lucky for someone.

The Squirrel Edging

This one I made for my sister. She loves squirrels. It's a bit much for an hankie, so she may use it as a doiley.

Just in case you think that all this lace is a bit old fashioned. Here is something a bit more contemporary.

Lace Invaders

That's right - Space Invaders now comes in hankie form.

No comments:

Post a Comment