Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Brother's Wedding

My little brother's wedding was last night. It was a nice relaxed event, with only a few close family and friends. Even so there were plenty of things to get organised. Between finding an outfit and folding 120 paper cranes, there hasn't been much time for crochet. However I did have time for a few small projects.

First of all I needed a Hens gift for the Bride. I thought a lacy hanky with a custom edge would fit the bill. If you look closely you can see the bride and grooms initials. The "A" for the bride is fairly obvious, but there are also little T's around the edge too.


The Bride was far to happy to need a hankie on the day, I don't think she stopped smiling once. However the Mother-of-the-Bride did get a little teary, so it's a good thing I made a hankie for her too.



And what wedding would be complete without a Bride and Groom for the top of the cake.



Or in this case the side of the cake. Next time I must remember that crochet and butter icing do not go well together.



And finally the happy couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment